What are Cookies?
‘Cookie’ is used to describe cookies and other similar functioning technologies. Cookies are small data files that websites place on your computer, laptop or mobile device.
- To see how effective our online advertising and marketing communications are.
- To help us see how you use our website so that we can make improvements if needed.
- To improve your experience on our website, for example by remembering the products you’ve put in your basket and to personalise your experience.
Types of Cookies we use?
We use the following Cookies:
- Necessary Cookies. These are Cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They are necessary for the safety, security and integrity of the site. For example they help support the structure of the pages that are displayed to you, help to improve navigation and allow you to return to pages you have previously visited. This type of Cookie only lasts for the duration of the time you are visiting the website. When you leave the website they are deleted automatically.
- Analytical Cookies. These provide us with anonymous data from which you can not be identified as as individual. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how you move around our website when you are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works.
- Functionality Cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website, enabling us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences. These Cookies will usually remain on your device until you choose to clear them. If you choose to do this, you will need to enter your details each time you visit the site.
Blocking or restricting Cookies
You can stop Cookies being used by activating the relevant setting on your browser that lets you block the deployment of some or all Cookies. Visit www.allaboutcookies.org to find out how. If you do block Cookies you may not be able to access all the functions on our site.